Monday, July 11, 2011

Sewing Corner

About 6 months ago I convinced Luke I needed to upgrade from operating off the kitchen table to my very own sewing corner. Now we do not have a very large house, it is comprised of three bedrooms (the tiny third one is actually used as a toy room and our girls share), a small lounge and an eat in kitchen, so squeezing in my own corner was a very big deal.

Soooooooo.... we trapsed to Ikea, bought me the tiniest desk ever and a billy bookcase and ta da (!) I now share a sewing nook with our vast DVD collection:



On my tiny table "Farrah" the very 70's sewing machine sits happily with my inspiration board. Courage is my "One Little Word" for 2011 and I like to have it there to remind me at all times.



Nestled amongst the DVD's I even have my own shelf for some of my various stashes:



One day we will renovate and I will upgrade to a much larger corner, and I may even manage to house all of my sewing parephenalia in one place... but for now, I love my tiny nook.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I just love seeing where you create from! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete