Sunday, May 8, 2011

What To Do With Excessive Amounts of Easter Eggs....

Well..... I may still be yet to do my blog post about Easter (hopefully I get to it before christmas comes around LOL!), but two weeks down the track I have had enough of the easter egg temptation, we have had crazy amounts of them in this house this year.... and I keep eating them! So, as it was mother's day today and we were having Luke's Mum around yesterday afternoon I thought it was time to do something with these easter eggs.... time to make chocolate chip cookies!!!

So this basically works with any chocolate chip cookie recipe you have, and the idea is to smash up all your eggs so they become chocolate chips. The recipe I use is as follows:

Cream 125g of softened butter with1 cup of brown sugar (I didn't have any brown yesterday so I used caster sugar...... still good, actually it added a lovely crispness to them). Add in 1 beaten egg, 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and combine. Then fold in 1.5 cups of sifted plain flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder until a soft dough forms and then add in the "chocolate chips". Place spoonfulls at least 3cm apart on baking trays lined with baking paper and pop in the oven for 15 mins at 170 degrees celcius.



Tasty cookies.... sadly there are never as many as there should be because someone eats the yummy cookie dough.



The only bad thing really is that now, rather than having easter eggs to eat, you have cookies to eat LOL! But I love sharing mine with friends.

Before I go I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to any lovely mummies who may be reading this. Being a mum is the best thing that ever happened to me, I love every moment (even when I'm being yelled at repeatedly for no particular reason!). xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment