Monday, April 11, 2011

Break

I'm taking a Facebook break.

At the moment I just feel like it's doing my head in. I am seeing so much negativity and slanging matches, and it makes me so sad. I want to smile more, not get caught up in controversy.

Lately I have also been finding that reading every status update of friends and aquaintances, as well as the "Look what I made" business posts can be consuming in an unrealistic way..... it's hard to explain myself eloquently.... but lets put it this way, FB is not real life, it's a highly edited snippet of one's existence, and at times I find it suffocating.... it makes me judge myself unnecessarily. I have talked before about my struggle with feeling "not good enough" and I feel that it's exacerbated by others fantasy worlds...... I am not blaming anyone else but myself here, I'm just trying to explain how I feel, and I think it will be a good reminder in the future when I inevitably get sucked back into the online world (which I do so love). I think I'm not alone in feeling this way, I know of others who have deleted their accounts because they became so depressed seeing what everyone else was up to. If I'm going to be realistic, I know that I certainly get alot out of 24hrs, and I don't have any reason to be hard on myself..... but hey, there it is.

I am also taking a rest because I think it's time to stop and smell the roses and enjoy every minute with my girls, because life is short, and they are more important than anything online could possibly be.

So for now, A quick VC check in the morning and evening, and nothing else. I think I will feel better for it.

Now onwards and upwards..... Delilah is turning three on Sunday, and I have a dinosaur cake to think about:)

No comments:

Post a Comment