Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quoting Jessica Watson

I heard an amazing quote this morning that I wanted to share, it came from Jessica Watson yesterday as she "corrected" the prime minister for calling her a hero:

"...I'm not a hero, I'm just a girl who believed in her dream."

How awesome. I must admit I have rolled my eyes several times when hearing media coverage of Jessica Watson's plight. However, it really hit me this morning just how amazing this girl really is, I can't even fathom the courage she has shown in the pursuit of her dream. As a mother I can only hope that my girls grow up believing in themselves in the same way this girl has done.... though I can probably do with out them circum-navigating the globe in a little sail boat at age 16 because I may have a heart attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment