Friday, March 19, 2010

Sewing

Today I did something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but have been too scared to do... I made Delilah a skirt. I have never really used a sewing machine since high school. They scare me. The jam up or break and I don't know how to fix them and it frustrates me, however, recently I decided it was high time I got over this fear, and I asked Luke's mum if I could borrow her sewing machine. She most generously gave it to me, and it has been sitting on our kitchen table for a couple of weeks now. Ofcourse, I couldn't do it all on my own. I called Lauren over to teach me how to use the machine:-) After 2.5 hours, including a break to feed Miss M and a tricky bobbin changing delay I produced this:




It is far from perfect but I was very proud of myself! I got the instructions for this Lazy days Skirt free from http://www.oliverands.com/, I used gorgeous Bubblegum Pink Skipping Girl fabric from sprout design http://www.sproutdesign.net.au/ and some brown ribbon that I got from Lincraft. Delilah loves it, she put it on immediately, I'll get some pics of her wearing it on the weekend.


Before I go, I thought I'd share this pic I took during the week:


Mackenzie is getting way too big for the bassinet, but I am so reluctant to move her out of our room and into the cot. It's all just happening a bit too fast for my liking!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous skirt :) Totally love that photo of M's teeny tiny toes xx

    ReplyDelete