Monday, March 8, 2010

Adelaide Cup Weekend

We crammed in an awful lot this weekend and I am now feeling absolutely knackered:

Saturday:
  • Luke disappeared for 3 hours in the morning, and bought a brand new car.
  • Grocery shopping for the week
  • Cassie's birthday party.
Cassie's birthday party was a lovely way to end the day. Six toddlers on the loose with two babies added to the mix and 12 adoring parents. Chaos reigned supreme, but it was totally delightful.

Sunday:
  • Cooked Spiced Carrot Soup and made rocky road all before 8am.
  • Went to breakfast at the Edge at 9am with Lyn, Jess and Lauren (had the turkish bread with scrambled eggs and chilli jam, with a side of bacon, YUMMO!)
  • Dropped past Mum and Jonny's
  • Went to our nephew Travis' 2nd birthday party at Luke's brother's house at 11am.
  • Had Fiona and her boyfriend Matt around at 2pm for a late lunch.
It was a great day but I was absolutely exhausted by the end of it. The main highlights were breakfast, where Luke entertained Delilah with magic pencil tricks,

And of course the late lunch with my old friend. It was really lovely meeting Matt. Often when I meet new people in my own home I have trouble acting normally around them, I feel like I really need to impress them or something and probably end up coming across a bit strange. But Matt was very relaxed and easy to talk to and it just made for a really enjoyable afternoon.

Monday:

  • Sleep in till 7.15am Woo hoo!
  • Took the girls to mothers group at Jena's at 10am.
  • Mum and Jonny popped around at about 3pm and
  • I finally got to go for a run at about 5pm.

To be honest I've felt really flat today, and I've really been letting the negatives in. I'm finding this is happening lately when I feel at my most exhausted. Today I have let a lot of really little things get to me, thankfully tomorrow is a new day.

I will finish on a happy note though, this afternoon while reading Pamela Allen's "Who Sank the Boat?" Miss D insisted that the cow sank the boat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment