Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Verri Sunday

Sundays are a bittersweet day for me. On the one hand I get to spend the day with my family doing family things... but on the other hand it's the last day of the weekend and therefore Luke will be back at work the next day. However, while we didn't do anything profound, today was a lovely day, with lots of laughter.

This morning we took Delilah through her first ever car wash. I always found this experience a bit scary when I was little, so I was interested to see what Delilah's response would be. She loved it of course, she spent the entire time grinning and delightedly exclaiming over the water running over our car.
This afternoon I snapped a couple of quick pics in our bedroom sfter Miss D's afternoon nap. I never know what kind of mood Miss D will wake up in so it can be quite an interesting time of day, often I have to cuddle her for an hour as she slowly wakes up. As you can imagine this is becoming increasingly difficult now that I have two to contend with. Today Miss D woke up very happily and wanted nothing more than to cuddle an kiss her little sister. I snapped a few quick pics. I particularly love the one where Delilah has her arms wrapped around Miss M's head, as this is her prefered method of holding poor Mackenzie. I am always amazed at how well she puts up with her big sisters rough handling!

I decided on Zucchini slice and salad for dinner tonight. I've never made it before, but my sister Tatum makes an awesome one and I've been meaning to try it out. I went to http://www.taste.com.au/ for the recipe nad I was stoked with how it turned out. Though I did have to cook it for twice as long as the recipe called for, but that's probably because I made a double batch.
Very yummy.

Lastly, we recently stopped putting Lilah in sleeping bags at night time, and consequently have been tucking her PJ top into her pants so her belly doesn't get cold during the night. Luke usually does this by pulling her pants up around her armpits grandpa style. Tonight Luke sent Delilah running out to me dressed in her PJ's this particular way with the message of "I funky Mummy!" Unfortunately funk came out like a slightly different but much ruder word therefore the entire combo caused much hilarity. Luke snapped a quick pic, love the special face she is pulling for the camera.









































No comments:

Post a Comment